Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meanwhile....

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...or rather suburban townhouse, I have been looking for a small cabinet to put our tv on in our master bedroom. Not having had any success after trying EVERY store on the planet including online, I had all but given up. It was doubly inconvenient seeing as the tv was on my bedside table. So this past weekend, I cleaned out our walk in closet (more on that later), and had gathered a bunch of stuff to be taken to Goodwill for donation. So we packed up the stuff and headed over to Goodwill. After we dropped off our stuff, I suggested we head on inside on the slight chance there might be something useful as far as tv cabinets go. It was pretty slim pickins but my hubby wandered over to this thing....

Cabinet before 1

It was a cute shape, and size wise it was perfect, height depth and width all were just right. Fortunately I have a good imagination and after checking the price ($14.99!!!!!!) We decided to take it home. One of the pulls was broken off, so we would need new ones.

Here it is after a good scrubbing and some espresso high gloss spray paint...

100_2465

Sure it doesn't match the bedroom furniture, but it doesn't have to. It just looks so darn cute. Oh, um, yeah, please ignore the kitchen towel under the tv, I didn't want the tv to scratch up the lovely new paint job. ;o)

This is what the tv was on before my cute new cabinet came along....

100_2464

Not the right height and I really missed having my night stand next to the bed.

Doesn't this look so much better?

100_2465

And today I was at Target, and found the perfect little knobs for it too...

100_2467

They are tiny little smoky green acrylic knobs...so darn cute...

Who would have thunk I'd find the perfect little cabinet at Goodwill? :o)

Wishing you sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment!