Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 51 and 52....i'm giving up sugar for lent



So am I completely insane?!?!?! Sure, but that never stopped me before.  :o)  I know I am consuming WAY too much sugar on a daily basis. My challenge is to eliminate as much of that as possible.  Not easy coming from parents who live on the stuff. Their idea of a healthy breakfast was toast and coffee. Depends on the toast, and how much sugar you put in your coffee. I am one step ahead on that one, I don't drink coffee. I prefer unsweetened iced tea.  No my problem comes in when I am sooooooooo incredibly tired that I NEED sugar and caffeine to function. Not good.  I have two speeds, warp and slug.  99% of the time I am a slug.  I have autoimmune thyroid which means I am hypothyroid most of the time, but once in a while when my thyroid decides to attack itself, it releases extra hormone and I get a blessed hyper day.  I get A LOT done on those days because they come around so infrequently. The rest of the time I need sugar and caffeine to keep me from falling asleep.  I just don't have a happy medium.  So wish me luck, I might fall asleep during the day, but I need to stop the cycle.  I am starting with the sugar, but the caffeine is next. 




So I am trying to figure out how to better organize my linen closet.  It has towels and linens, and extra toilet paper and paper towels. Hmmmmm......any suggestions?

Some inspiration....


Source: flickr.com via Kate on Pinterest








and last but certainly not least....




Off to bed.....

logo




The American Heart Association (AHA) has released guidelines on recommended sugar intake levels for adults in an effort to encourage healthy eating habits. But just how much is okay vs. too much? Surveys have found that the average American consumes around 22.2 teaspoons of added sugar every day. According to the new guidelines, we should actually be eating a fraction of that amount. The recommended sugar intake for adult women is no more than 100 calories or six teaspoons (25 grams) of sugar per day. For adult men, no more than 150 calories or about 9 teaspoons (37.5 grams) daily, and for children, it's 3 teaspoons (12 grams) a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment!